16 August 2011

Sidewalk Talk



Stories of everyday expressions of hospitality from sidewalks around the world.







Not My Home

I have moved yet again...I think this makes move number 5 in the last 8 months, and I am still not to my final destination. Another house became available that is a little bigger and allows my roommate and I to have our own space, which I am very thankful for. As of now, however, there is no water and we will have to fill up our water tanks over the next few days. This will be a whole new learning experience for me, but will be good practice for when I get to my city.

I have not been too excited about packing again, moving, and unpacking and knowing in about 56 days I will be doing it all over again. I was talking to the Father this week and expressing my desire to just be settled in a home again. While I miss my home in the states, I do not necessarily want to be there. I just want to be at home...any home...my home. I do not want to sift through boxes or suitcases anymore. I am tired of feeling so temporary. As I have talked to the Father this week, He has faithfully reminded no home on this earth is permanent. It is all temporary. My home is not here. As I long to be settled and at home, I am really longing to be in my eternal home. He never meant for me to be settled here. While I am definitely OVER moving for a while I am so thankful for the tangible reminder that I am only passing through on my way to a better place. It makes me long all the more for our Lord's return. Maranatha!!

...having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland. If they had been thinking of that land from which they had gone out, they would have had opportunity to return. But as it is, they desire a better country that is a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city. ~ Hebrews 11.13 - 16

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reposting this, Sweet Friend! I pray it's an encouragement to all who read it like it was for me!

    ReplyDelete